LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS
Poseidon Ocean Systems is a world leader in innovative life support technology for aquaculture.
Our marine life support systems are specifically designed to raise dissolved oxygen levels, protect against hazardous algae blooms, minimize the effect of harmful plankton outbreaks, and streamline both harvest and treatment operations. All while being engineered for optimal operational and environmental efficiency.
Aeration & Oxygenation
We have developed aeration and oxygen supply systems with advanced controls that solve many existing industry problems. Our systems are highly reliable, have long-life spans, and are environmentally conscious. The pressure systems are designed to ASME standards and the materials are selected to withstand harsh marine environment.
- Flow meters utilize Poseidon’s proprietary quick-change system for rapid replacement and expansion
- Configurable, with 4 – 8 outlet channels, 700Lpm (25 SCFM) capacity
- Available integrated regulators ensure equal pressure distribution throughout even the largest farms
- Filter available for removal of condensate and protection against debris
- Patented high-flow manifold design improves efficiency and reduces maintenance
- Meets ASME & CSA Pressure Piping requirements
- Supported by ongoing, advanced research and development
- Diffuser assemblies available in various configurations and flow capabilities
- Compatible with bubble-curtain systems
Mitigating against the harmful effects of plankton blooms on marine sites involves moving clean water from depth into the pen, with sufficient velocity so that the clean water creates a positive pressure boundary within the pen.
Advanced Data Collection
Poseidon’s commitment to research and development; which includes advanced data collection, has spawned the next generation of Canadian aquaculture solutions – ranging from incremental improvements to paradigm-shifting breakthroughs in our field.